Friday 25 October 2013

Temporary Artist

A slightly, shorter, later blog today. As an emerging artist, its usual to have to find some temporary work to get you through, so today, I was supporting a reception in a Medical Centre in Liverpool and had yet more realisations about some gender differences.

In short, I witnessed a lot of aggression from young males today and it just reminded me of why I'm doing this project.

It seems that young men are just brought up differently form young women. There is a lot of arrogance around from young men today (and of course young women) and I want the legacy of this project to be that young people develop a respect for the opposite gender.

I don't think I've explained that very well, but I know what my sentiment is. Its that everyone is empowered and confident in their gender without having to be oppressive or the aggressor.  This can only come from channelling aggression into creating something, rather than destructing something.

I hope the animation-making helps in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment